The Houston Center for Photography seeks creative individuals with an interest in photography and the visual arts for internship opportunities. Offered year round, internships at HCP provide a platform for undergraduate and graduate college students to gain practical, hands-on experience in our exhibitions, education, and development departments. HCP’s programming includes exhibitions, educational classes, workshops, outreach programs and initiatives, fellowships, publications, a digital darkroom, and a library. Our hope is to match each intern with duties that fill their interest and learning goals. Internships are unpaid, but course credit can be arranged with the intern’s educational institution.
• Exhibitions: Auction
As an intern at HCP, you will gain experience working in a small, established non-profit organization. General Interns will be assigned to help with the daily responsibilities and tasks in the different departments at HCP.
• Development: Administrative and Marketing
• Education: Library, Digital Darkroom
• Have strong verbal communication skills, and pleasant telephone manner
• Be energetic, outgoing, enthusiastic to learn
• Have excellent organizational skills and ability to multi-task
• Be a fast learner, team player, responsible
• Require minimal supervision
• Have a familiarity with Windows operating system (Microsoft Word, Excel)
• Visual arts/photography background, knowledge of Photoshop, Illustrator and Adobe Acrobat are a plus
• Have a valid driver’s license and transportation for errand running
• Must have previous work experience
• A passion for photography, visual arts, and/or culture is essential
• Can commit to a minimum of 3 months
HCP internships require a commitment of at least 8 hours per week for 3 months (minimum) during HCP business hours of Monday - Friday, 11am -5pm. Scheduling for this internship is flexible. Weekend hours maybe required during special events.
Summer Internships take place June - August, deadline for applying is April 1st.
Fall Internships take place from Sept - Dec, deadline for applying is August 1st.
Spring Internships take place Jan - May, deadline for applying is November 1st.
Please send your cover letter, resume, filled-out internship application and references to:
Houston Center for Photography
ATTN: Internship Program
1441 W. Alabama
Houston, TX 77006
or via email to Juliana Forero, email@example.com